Monday, April 21, 2008

Recovery Room

It has now been 6 days since ACL Surgery day. We are definitely healing....slow and steady. Pain Killers become good friends quickly after such traumatic times!

I have also found that I am very skilled in the art of nursing a damaged husband back to health! Physical Therapy 3 times a week and "at home exercises" in between.

Chris and I have had many conversations since the "injury" regarding the blessing of healthy bodies. So many times I find myself driving around the grocery store parking lot to find the Absolute CLOSEST spot available, but now I would like to share with all of you that I will be finding joy and pleasure in walking whatever distance necessary across the grocery store parking lot (unless of course it is freezing outside). I hope and pray that in the next 5 weeks my amazing and courageous husband will be able to join me!



This is the first time Chris' knee has been exposed since the surgery.
WARNING: Image not for the faint of Heart!


This is a cool contraption at Physical Therapy...it may be called a chokie...or maybe not the name has slipped my mind. the machine helps with the knee's range of motion.


This is how we roll!

1 comment:

Kabe and Cass said...

Ouch! That looks so bad! How was the cart at the store i have always wanted to ride one! we miss you guys. Get better soon

About Us

My photo
The Raney Family was Established on September 16th 2006.