Monday, June 22, 2009

Favorite New Salad & Dressing Recipe

So I know this is not a recipe blog, however; it is our place to share the happenings in our lives with YOU our friends and family! I have been posting a lot about being prego, anyway which could get boring to some i guess... so I thought that I would change things up a bit and share a salad & dressing recipe that I fell in love with. While I can't speak for Chris I can say that he ate it and I even think I saw him lick his chops!

Enjoy!

Fresh Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing

1 Head of your choice of lettuce or spinach
1 pt. fresh strawberries
1 Bermuda onion, sliced (I left this part out and added raspberries instead. Yum!)

Chelle's suggestions:
1 handful walnuts or almonds
Feta or mozzarella cheese


Dressing:
1/2 c. Mayonnaise
2 tbsp. vinegar
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. Whole milk
2 tbsp. poppy seeds

Place ingredients in a jar or container that can be shaken. Cover and shake until blended. Dressing keeps for several days in the refrigerator. Cut lettuce & strawberries. Drizzle dressing over salad.
this recipe can also be located where I found it at www.cooks.com.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hey Chelle I just gave you a blog award. Check it out on my blog. http://krissymissy-ifyoureallywanttoknow.blogspot.com/

About Us

My photo
The Raney Family was Established on September 16th 2006.