Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am Thankful For

I have been thinking today of all of the things that I have to be thankful for and I wanted to once again share some of them with you, my friends and family.


1. I am so thankful for my beautiful daughter Sienna. She is such an amazing baby! I love how happy and alert she is and I am so grateful for the joy that she has brought into my life!






2. I am thankful for an incredible husband who loves me and our daughter and is so supportive and helpful. He is my best friend and i am so glad to spend my life making him happy!




3. I am thankful for my cute little puppy Reedy. He is such a little doll and makes me smile! I love his cute personality and how much he adores me and Chris.



4. I am thankful for Friends. We have some great friends that really take care of us. We always have so much fun with Colin and Tyler and Mason, we can pretty much have fun doing anything! Steve and Christy are such sweet friends and we love to get together with them and their cute little guy Bradley. We have had lots of fun with Kaleb and Cass, Tyler and Tammy, Colby and Malea , Kendall and Christy and many many others! We are just so lucky to have so many fun supportive friends.

5. I am thankful for my health. I am grateful everyday for such a healthy body, one that allows me to do anything that I want. This past year it has been through a lot (having a baby isn't easy!) and I am seriously so amazed at what my body is capable of.

6. I'm thankful for our home. Especially now that it is getting cold outside and am so glad that we have somewhere warm to sleep and to rest protected from the elements. It's not huge by all means but it is perfect for us!

7. I am thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and for my testimony that it is the only true church on the earth today. The older I get the more and more my understanding is increased and I become more and more grateful for the Book of Mormon, for our prophet President Monson and for the truths that they teach. My life is what it is because of the gospel.



8. I'm thankful for my mother. After having a child of my own I have gained an amazingly deep respect and love for my mom. Holding Sienna I often think of my own mom, years ago holding me the same way and rocking me to sleep humming a lullaby. The love that I feel is so strong and I understand it now. Mom I want you to know how grateful I am that you nurtured us and loved us every single day the best way you knew how. You made me who I am today!


9. I can't be thankful for my mother without being thankful for my father. My dad sometimes worked multiple jobs to support our family and so that my mother would be able to raise our family. I am only beginning to understand now the sacrifices that have to be made to raise a family and I am so impressed by his dedication and I strive to create the same for my family. Dad, thank you for your example of how to be a hard worker, how to be a good person, love for the gospel, and how to serve others.


10. I am thankful for technology. Technology allows for me to be able to share with you the things that I am grateful for. It allows me to stay in touch with my sister and her family in Texas and other family far away, allows me to be able to learn new things with the click of a button, allows for us to have fun nights in playing the wii and many other things. I am grateful for the good things that technology has a brought into my life.

Now that I have shared what I am thankful for, I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving day with your family and friends.

No comments:

About Us

My photo
The Raney Family was Established on September 16th 2006.